The Internet was first launched back in the 1960s and now it has become a part of our daily life and we can not even imagine a world without the internet. Due to the internet, many online services are available now. Email or Electronic mail is one of those online services that allows you to send and receive messages in a short interval of time. Roy Tomlinson was the first who sent the email and created @ sign to link username and server.
Hotmail is one of those web services that allows you to send or receive messages, files, images, and documents in just one click. Hotmail.com was first launched in 1996.
In this article, we will discuss a method to recover a Hotmail Account password both on desktop and on mobile. So please stay with us to get this information.
You can easily recover your Hotmail Account Password on mobile by following the below-listed steps.
- Open Outlook app and then click on get started. Skip this if you have opened the app before.
- Now enter your email address and click on next to proceed further.
- Now it will ask you to enter your secret password for login. Below this, there will be the option of Forgotten my password. Click on that to continue.
- Now it will show you three options and you have to select I’ve forgotten my password.
- Now enter to continue and enter the verification code.
- Now verify your identity by entering your email address. Here you will have two options for recovery. Either by your phone number or by your verification email address.
- Now by confirmation code sent to your number, enter it, and now you will be able to reset your password.
- Now enter your new password and re-enter your password to confirm it.
- Now your Hotmail account is recovered and now you can log in to your account by entering your email and new password.
To recover a Hotmail Account Password on desktop, you have to follow the below-listed steps.
- Open a password reset page and select I have forgotten my password option.
- Now click next and enter your Hotmail email for which you have to recover.
- Now type the code which you will see in the box and tap on next to continue.
- Now select the account reset option. And then enter your email address or phone number.
- Now click on send code and this will send the recovery code to your email or phone number.
- Now enter this code and click on the Next option to proceed further.
- Now it will show you a page where you can reset your password. Type your new password and retype to confirm it. Then click on next.
- Now proceed to the login page and enter your email address and new password to get a login to your account.
I hope you like the information but if you still have any query then you can visit the Hotmail site and check on the Help option. Here you will find all the necessary information about recovery options.